Far too often people say that they don't have enough time in their busy lives to spend time with God. More often than not they will come home form work, have tea, spend some time with the family and then collapse in a chair in front of the t.v. I would like to suggest an alternative to just flopping in front of the t.v, that really does very little or nothing at all to enhance ones spiritual walk. Why not instead put on some good worship music or a good dvd, sit in your favorite chair and just simple say to God "I have come tonight just to meet with you, to spend this time in your presence, father I thank you for refreshing and your anointing." I will guarantee you without fail if you come with an attitude to meet with God and to hear from him he will meet with you were you are at. The Bible says that in his presence there is fullness of joy and at his right hand pleasures for ever more. It also says that the joy of the Lord is our strength. So it is pretty obvious to me that if you have no joy and so no strength in your life, then you need to get back and get into his presence, and the reality is we are meant to live our lives in his presence. Psalm 91 says that he who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty, I will say of the Lord he is my refuge and my fortress. The reality is according to Ephesians 2 we are seated in Heavenly places in Christ, that is our rightful place.
I will guarantee you 100% if you will take the time to spend time with God, even in this simple way, that God will bless you beyond measure. All he desires is for us to come to him with the attitude of wanting to meet with him and spend time with him. He welcomes you with open arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment